Starting with a bunch of stuff about the Canes yesterday, including some reaction from the media on what was, by any stretch, a press conference the likes of which the NHL may have never seen before:
- First, ICYMI, here’s the complete Tom Dundon press conference:
- Fourteen players met with the media as they cleared out their lockers, you can find all their interviews in the team’s recap… [Hurricanes.com]
- …along with recaps from other media in attendance. [NHL.com] [WRALSportsFan] [NO] [Technician]
- Also revealed in yesterday’s discussions, Dundon apparently has an early-out clause in his purchase contract, but he’s “not going to do that.” [NO]
- Pretty sure we all echo this sentiment, Justin.
Elsewhere around the league…
- What had been rumored was confirmed yesterday: Bill Peters will coach Team Canada at the World Championships in Denmark:
- Tyler Dellow asked a bunch of questions about teams in the Metro during the preseason, and now it’s time to get some answers. [The Athletic ($)]
- In 1986, the Swift Current Broncos’ bus crashed, killing four players, and giving the survivors a perspective on the Humboldt Broncos tragedy that few others have. [The Athletic (free)]
- So, who’s going to win the Stanley Cup?
- What can losing do to a player? Ryan O’Reilly had a brutally honest, and shockingly candid, answer. [The Buffalo News]
- What does locker clear out day feel like from a player’s perspective? [The Athletic ($)]
- Meanwhile, the headline on this story is “Snow survives another day as ownership is out to lunch” in case you were wondering how the offseason was beginning for the Islanders. [Islanders Point Blank]
- Go ahead and look up the Golf Channel’s spot on your program guide, because you’ll need it for a pair of Game 4s. [Awful Announcing]
- And, finally: ow.
We’ve officially seen it all. This is why goalies wear masks!
And yes, Marty’s face remained un-pucked pic.twitter.com/qYWW9nde1L
— Florida Everblades (@FL_Everblades) April 9, 2018